Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Duke grad on the top 40 charts


Alright, this one is for my Cameron Crazies out there, and the Boggers in particular.  Please, tell me what is up with Mike Posner.  (Is he related to Adam?)  Apparently he just graduated with a 3.59 (B.A. in what?)  My first suspicion was that he was some kind of e-bag, then I figured with all the weed he was a Beta.  Nope – Sigma Nu.

Listening to/ watching the tracks on YouTube (here) I can not readily identify any reason to think this dude is “cooler than me,” or the p-froshwomen (yes “froshwomen”) in designer shades. But then again I graduated “O laude” as my mom likes to call it, and that was 14 or so years ago now, I guess I have to admit I no longer have my “finger” on the pulse of the college scene.  Still, there are football cheers with more poetry than this – remember “thrust the ball into the air, receive it with reckless abandon” and “we make holes in teeth.”  Of course there was “Put Newell on the nose, or were taking of our clothes” so I get that errrrr simple and direct has a certain hooky thing, hold on let me listen again.

By the way, what does “Ice Road Truckers” have to do with “Drug Dealer Girl” ?  OK, so his voice is more high school than college, though its kind of fun to see the quad back there – and I think its time to take up yoga, not sure why.

Getting his songs on itunesU was a pretty good move though.  Seems a little less egregious than selling the university comp tix like the guys at Kansas.  I can’t help it though, all I can hear is a bunch of guys in the back of every beat yelling “Moses!” in time to the music.

Go Devils. GTHCGTH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no spam, no trolls. Thank you!